Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Can't get enough of sixties ...

There are many groups of the 60’s; though not as successful as the Beatles, Rolling Stones or Bob Dylan ; have produced some amazing songs.
Here’s a list of a few songs, that I really enjoy and most of them have a 50’s feel!

BRITISH GROUPS:

HOLLIES: Bus Stop, On a carousel, Carrie Ann, Stop-stop-stop, Long cool woman in black dress

ZOMBIES: Time of the season, Tell her no, She’s not there

SEARCHERS: Love portion No 9, Sweets for my sweet, Sugar n spice, Wishin n hopin’

THE MONKEES: I’m a believer, Last train to Clarksville,

DONOVAN: Sunshine superman, Mellow Yellow, Jennifer juniper

HERMAN’s HERMITS: I’m into something good, No milk today, Mrs. Brown , I’m Henry VII, Years may come years may go, Leaning on a lamp post


AMERICAN GROUPS:

SHIRELLES: The first major female group of the era.
Will you still love me tomorrow, Mama said, Soldier boy

THE TURTLES: Happy together, Let me be, Your baby

THE BYRDS: Mr. Tamborine man, Turn turn turn, Eight miles high

THE EVERLY BROTHERS: Bye bye love, Cathy’s clown, All I have to do is dream, Wake up little Susie

THE RASCALS : Beautiful morning, Grooving, Good lovin’, Its wonderful

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home