Friday, December 02, 2005

Just a few songs ...

Enough of Rock ... time for a change...

Late last night I was watching "Leaving Las Vegas"
and it had this beautiful song in the background:
"My One and Only Love": Sting & Police

The very thought of you makes
My heart sing
Like an April breeze
On the wings of spring
And you appear in all your splendour
My one and only love

The shadows fall
And spread their mystic charms
In the hush of night
While you're in my arms
I feel your lips so warm and tender
My one and only love

The touch of your hand is like heaven
A heaven that I've never known
The blush on your cheek
Whenever I speak
Tells me that you are my own


Some more beautiful songs:
Unchained Melody : The Rightous Brothers

Oh, my love
my darling
I've hungered for your touch
a long lonely time
and time goes by so slowly
and time can do so much
are you still mine?
I need your love
I need your love
Godspeed your love to me


* The song was written for a movie "Unchained";
to reflect the mood of prisoners as they wait for time to pass ...

Another beautiful song;
recorded for film "Nottinghill" by Lighthouse Family ...
but the original,by Bill Withers is much better and won Grammy for best R&B in 1972.
All instruments are acoustic!!!

Ain't no sunshine when she's gone.
It's not warm when she's away.
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
and she's always gone too long
anytime she goes away.

Wonder this time where she's gone,
wonder if she's gone to stay
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone
and this house just ain't no home
anytime she goes away.

And
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know,
I know, I know ...



Few others:
Unforgettable: Nat King Cole
Moondance : Van Morrison
You were always on my mind - Willie Nelson

Maybe I didn't love you
Quite as often as I could have
Maybe I didn't treat you
Quite as good as I should have
If I made you feel second best
Girl I'm sorry I was blind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind



References:
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=1928
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=664

1 Comments:

At 02 December, 2005 17:45, Blogger Artful Badger said...

How much do you blog???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home