Friday, March 24, 2006

Dazzling Divas .....

Long time back I had listed a few names ...
with the intention of elaborating on them in future ... but that never happened.
So I'm posting the draft .....

DAZZLING DIVAS
• Aretha Franklin
• Diana Ross
• Etta James
• Martha Reeves

• Janis Joplin
• Joni Mitchell
• Joan Baez

• Rosemary Clooney
• Nancy Sinatra
• Natalie Cole

• Patsy Cline
• Dolly Parton
• Sheryl Crowe

• Britney Spears
• Christina Aguilera
• Celine Dion
• Jennifer Lopez
• Donna Summer
• Gwen Stefani

• Whitney Houston
• Janet Jackson
• Tina Turner

• Beyonce
• Ashley Simpson
• Spice girls

My fav: Aretha Franklin - The Queen of soul !!!!
- Think
- R-E-S-P-E-C-T
- Chain of Fools
- It's in his kiss
- A natural Woman
- Son of a Preacherman
- I say a little prayer
- I will survive
- You make me feel like a natural woman
- Killing me softly with his song


I heard he sang a good song
I heard he had a style
and so i came to see
and listen for a while

and there he was this younge boy
a stranger to my eyes
Struming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
killing me softy with his song
killing me softly with his song
telling my whole life
with his words
killing me softly with his song

7 Comments:

At 24 March, 2006 13:39, Blogger Artful Badger said...

Isn't Arethra Franklin reaally fat? :)
Its weird I have heard a number of songs, but hardly can identify who she is!

 
At 24 March, 2006 14:09, Blogger Intern said...

YUPS -
Aretha Franklin is very fat ...
No doubt about it!!!

BUt I totally LOVE her songs ...

In fact I give her credit for a lot of things...
- The early female singers had to struggle a lot, making it so much easier for the new younger generations ...
- She's Black from the time acute of racial discrimination ...
- her being fat and still so popular actually gives moral support to many others ...

But MOSTLY...
Cause she sings so well!!!!!

 
At 24 March, 2006 16:05, Blogger Artful Badger said...

Yeah, I think thats it. She is one of the old school singers. She actually made it despite everything.
Today, if you want to succeed I suppose there are other requirements apart from being able to sing.

 
At 24 March, 2006 18:57, Blogger Intern said...

ohh Yeah....
Beyonce - looks awesome - I find her the most beautiful in the current crop
Gwen Stefani - great fashion sense - an energy powerhouse

But talking about being overweight ... we do have Queen Latifa - and she is such a great performer!!!

So there ...
But what you say is right ...
most of these divas work very hard!

 
At 28 March, 2006 23:25, Blogger Artful Badger said...

Queen Latifa - She is in the new Ice Age movie. Actually a good example is that rapper I can't remember her name. Yeah, Missy Elliot. Beyonce is good. I like Gwen Stefani - she is amazing.

 
At 04 April, 2006 08:52, Blogger Intern said...

I just know the name Missy Elliot - I'm no much into Rap- music ...
But Reggae I love ....
For a long time I've been thinking of writing on Bob marley - but then other topics chew too much of my time!

 
At 04 April, 2006 08:54, Blogger Intern said...

Talking about Gwen Stefani ..
I love the song -
hey baby hey baby hey

I’m just sippin' on chamomile
Watching boys and girls and their sex appeal
With a stranger in my face who says he knows my mom
And went to my high school


All the boys say,
Hey baby, hey baby, hey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home